Saturday, September 1, 2012

They called him Rebbe- no more.


Viznitz Rebbe Rav Yisrael Hager
In his Drasha, during Shaleshudis tish, the Vizhnitz rebbe of Bnei brak  Rav Yisrael known as (R' Srultchik) surprised his chasidim  when he confessed I am not worthy of being Rebbe. It is hard for me that Im referred to as Rebbe. I would rather that they call me Harav. The Rebbe added, now that my father is not here (previous Viznitz Rebbe) there are those who want to go to a real Rebbe They should go to My Uncle the Viznitz Rebbe in Monsey. He pleaded that his followers not interfere with the chasidim who would like to travel to Monsey. After all they want a Real Rebbe as I myself would go to Monsey. 

He than made some changes, as untill now the Minhag in Viznitz during Rosh hashana and Yom Kippur is, the crowd faces the Rebbe during Shmone Esrei. The Rebbe asked now that he is not worthy of being called Rebbe that they dont do anything which is not according to halacha. They should face Mizrach instead.
The Chasidim commented following the drasha this only strengthens our faith in the Rebbe and shows his greatness.
Link Here.

1 comment:

  1. http://haemtza.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-proper-performance-of-bris-milah.html

    ReplyDelete